Sunday, September 2, 2007

Turkey makes me too sleepy...

I met this guy (no questions about how!), and he started calling and texting me everyday. I tell no lies folks. Every. Single. Day. At first it was endearing (for like the first 7 days). I even consulted one of my friends and she said, "It just means that he cares." Okay, I get that. He cares. But I really don't care to have him call me everyday. I enjoy my space. I enjoy my single life. I enjoy not being responsible for calling you back dude. I mean we aren't even dating.

As the days rolled into weeks, I began to get highly annoyed at him and his 5 times a day calling and texting habit. My cell phone would ring Please, don't let it be him and I'd have a mini debate with myself about the pros and cons of answering the phone. But, each time I would answer. I'm a nice person and I believe in seeing things out, seeing if things will change. Maybe I thought I could salvage this into a friendship. Maybe.

One night we were actually having a decent conversation UNTIL he invites me over for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sorry, what did you just ask me? We had only know each other for about 3 weeks and Thanksgiving was 8 months away.

I didn't know what to say. I mean what do you say to that? "Ummm, thanks for the invite, but I don't even like Thanksgiving dinners..."

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh man, I love your stories Dianna. So, WHERE did you meet him? :) :) I need to hear more! We need to catch up!