Wednesday, August 15, 2007

He's Just Not That into You...

...So STOP chasing him. I've had to tell that to myself way too many times. Is dating really a race? Do two people really need to chase after each other? My answer is no. If two people are really into each other, there should be no chasing; there should be courting and candle light, and good times all around. But if either person is chasing: putting fourth all the effort, showing up "randomly" at a place you know he or she will be (I'm pretty sure that's stalking), or just calling and texting, even when the calls and texts are not returned in any timely fashion; then you're CHASING. Cease and Desist, do not pass go, do not collect your $200.

So, I decided to cruise the web to see what advice others had to offer on dating. And you wouldn't believe how many sites are dedicated to dating and relationships. What happened to talking to your friends? Are we that embarrassed to talk to our friends about our dating and relationship issues? And if you are that embarrassed, maybe you should start to question what you have been doing. Or are you afraid to talk to your friends because they are all either married, engaged, or in long term relationships? They weren't birthed into their current relationship, so why not talk to them?

But, if after talking to your friends and you feel like you still are lost, you might want to consider picking up a book. My favorite, by far is by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo called "He's Just Not That Into You". I've been wanting to read this book - I actually might go hop into my car (I mean minivan...grrr), right now, and go buy it. I've been living that mantra for the last 4 months. And it has saved me from being that "desperate" girl, because believe me, you don't want her at the party. And I will of course pick up Greg's other book, written with Amiira Ruotola-Behrendt (Greg's wife of 5 years) called "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken". And that's also another mantra of mine. Is Greg reading my mind? Maybe I should be getting some royalties...

3 comments:

Kate said...

i have he's just not that into you, if you want to borrow it - don't buy it!!!

Kate said...

that's sounds negative - it's a great book and it saved me a lot of time!

Anonymous said...

That's really smart. I know way too many people who just don't fully get that. But it's true; you don't have to force love. Kudos to you for recognizing it. I think all us wicked smart women are used to making things happen, and this is just one of those things you can't make happen.