Monday, August 6, 2007

Sittin...


It's an interesting experience to sit in the airport and people watch on a Monday night. As I sit here, listening to Corrine Bailey Rae, I look around and wonder what each person's "state of relationship is". Corrine makes me reflect on all things love and relationships. So of course I have no choice but to reflect on my "state of relationship".

It's not like a fancy the "State of the Union" speech. But, if I had to give it a shot, my "state of relationship" would go something like this:
"Yes, it's been a hard couple of years, but things are looking up. And my 5 step action plan will put us in the right direction. Step 1: NEVER, EVER relax your standards EVER again. It only leads down a long dark road I prefer not travel. Step 2: If a potential suitor has no life plan, then it's a no go. I have a had enough time planning my life and working that plan, I don't need to figure out his too. Step 3: It's okay for not to be in a relationship. I've been a serial relationship-ist since I was 16 years old. I think it's time for me to take a slight break. Step 4: Don't make impulse decisions. It takes so much time and effort to recover from them. Step 5: I will love myself, completely, flaws and all. If I don't love me, I can't expect to love anyone else, fully, and have them love me unconditionally. As you will come to see in the upcoming months, this plan will work, as long as we give it out all and make no excuses for not following it."

So, there you have it, my"state of relationship". What's yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics.

These posts are really good. I think it's amazing that you recognize so much about yourself and the world around you.

Give T hugs for me...way off topic but there it is.